Data Centre Engineer
- As a Data Center Operations Engineer, your mission is to support the day-to-day technology operations of the client’s mission critical data centers.
- The purpose of this role is to maintain operational stability and handle customer requests while working on shifts to support the 24×7 operation.
- You will be responsible for installing and configuring enterprise class technology hardware, troubleshooting hardware and network issues, maintain change control process in the data center, and support 3rd party vendor activities.
- This role requires you to work with team members on a 16 x 7 rotating shift basis with on-call responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of a physical IT infrastructure (server, networking, storage)
- Hands on experience with hardware move/add/change in a data center environment
- Experience with ITIL control processes
- Experience supporting enterprise-class hardware deployments
- Experience with physical layer infrastructure and testing tools (racking, cabling)
- Understanding of network concepts (switching, routing, perimeter security)
- Familiarity with infrastructure applications (DNS, Active Directory)
- Understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Understanding of data center concepts (Space, Power, Cooling)
- Understanding of media management (Tape, Hard Drives)
- Efficiently problem solve issues in a complex environment
- A mindset that challenges rather than simply understands and accepts
- Passionate about technology, innovation and continuous learning
- Ability to integrate well into a team, connect and collaborate effectively with the wider organization
- Being obsessed about our customers’ experience
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Willingness for occasional travel between sites within the metro area
Hong Kong hongkong