Head of Business Development (Banking & Financial Services)
Responsible for direct sales of Thakral One portfolio of solutions and services in significant value, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts within the Philippines. This portfolio includes:
- Partner software products (FSI & Technology Solutions, Core Banking; Data & Analytics Solutions and Cloud Platforms)
- Technology Advisory Services
- Staffing & Managed Services
- Trainings & Workshops
The role is also responsible for building, maintaining, and managing sound, productive, and profitable relationships with current and prospective principal and channel partners (e.g., local Philippines SI’s) in order to achieve our goals.
It is also expected that the role can articulate complex business solutions and services for Banking, Insurance, Money Services Businesses and other financial institutions even without presence of presales or technical consultants.
This role will report directly to the Country Head in Manila.
- Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; work with other channels and alliances to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers in the Philippines.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs. Contribute to identification of market potential by qualifying accounts, following qualification process of Thakral One. Fulfill a wide range of requests for information and proposals from prospective customers. Qualify level of opportunity and type of account.
- Support initiation of sales process by connecting with clients, making initial presentations and understanding account requirements.
- Generates new business through strategic value -based selling and managing relationships with key customers, channels and alliances. Establish an audience with executive level contacts.
- Proactively look for creative ways to position the value of Thakral One offerings by incorporating specific industry/domain expertise and business/functional knowledge at a high level.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identify accounts with high “close” potential, qualify, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Responsible in closing sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining solutions and service capabilities; overcoming objections; knowing the competition, procurement process, signatories/influences to drive the opportunity win.
- Lead or support development and implementation of marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed agreed levels of profitable sales.
- Execute sales tactical plans to win the opportunity, and design strategic plans to grow the account as an enterprise key account. Help expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products, services and solutions, also to develop applications.
- Lead the preparation of proposals with content to address functional, technical, and financial expectations, among others. Must own or contribute to build of RFI and RFP to address opportunity requirements. Works in conjunction with the Thakral One presales and pricing teams to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Develops a basic understanding of principal partner and company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Accurately forecast new and renewal sales on a bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Reports account status, closing plans and annual sales forecasts to Thakral One management on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Carry out simple Proof of Concepts/ Proof of Values to demonstrate how our technologies will meet customer requirements and deliver value; Complex POCs will be supported by presales consultants and/or Regional Team.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of offered technologies and similar competitive technologies to effectively compare or compete and position in the market.
- Build and manage long-term relationships with Principal Partners and their customers along with local channel partners by promoting and selling appropriate learning/training services.
- Track the satisfaction levels of customers and discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Identify and communicate approaches to improve offerings and internal processes to meet new requirements.
- Actively contribute, support and ensure execution of Thakral One best practices and business plans for one or several solutions/technologies. To include plans and implement growth plans, including sales, consulting services, and training services.
- Support the company’s objective and to be the trusted advisor of customers.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Technology Solutions and Services Sales-oriented and goal-driven
- With good attitude and work ethics
- Excellent knowledge and competence in FSI market segments
- With Business Development, Sales Planning, Prospecting Skills, Persistence in Meeting Sales Goals.
- Previous sales experience in a similar role with C Level networks within the Banking and Financial Services, Insurance, Money Services Business, among others.
- Proven sales track record in selling software solutions, consulting and training services.
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of software and services acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Ability to identify emerging opportunity areas, qualify and win strategic deals.
- Ability to develop clear business development direction;
- Ability to facilitate virtual and regional team to move a sale/deal, develop creative solutions to complex problems;
- Ability to learn and maintain up to certain level of technical competency in order to be able to effectively articulate the complex business solutions to address customer requirements.
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Demonstrated ability to interact productively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English & Filipino), strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory/account dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead engagements; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software sales, IT services or relevant field. Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target.
- Must have extensive account coverage experience on FSI (Banking , Insurance, Money Services Business, other Financial Services.)
Number of Vacancies