A leading Microfinance institution has been providing credit and financial services to small businesses in 9 countries across Asia and Africa; particularly in places with limited access to formal banking services. To maintain a competitive advantage, the client’s objective was to strengthen its data analytics capabilities so that they could understand and predict customer behaviour.
Engaging Thakral One set in motion the following initiatives:
- Workshops on Business Analytics to educate the Business and IT stakeholders.
- Data Management training with leading analytics tools to improve stakeholder appreciation of the Automated Data Quality initiative helped validate the importance of enhancing the company’s analytics capabilities.
- An assessment of the current data warehouse (DWH) and design of a data model providing a 360-degree view of customer profiles to gain better insights from the present DWH.
- A reprioritization of projects related to customer segmentation which allowed for an in-depth understanding of existing client personas, essential to tapping into new customer segments.
Through a collaborative effort between the client and Thakral One, we achieved the following:
- Optimisation of the company’s data warehouse and reporting processes
- New insights on customer segmentation that would allow better upselling and cross-selling
- A detailed data and analytics roadmap that aligned future strategies with business goals with a guide to consolidating a 360-degree view of their customer behaviour.